UZS United Zombie Slayers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeLatest imagesSearchLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» new website
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 pm by SmashY

» lol Now this is funny and true
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 am by SmashY

» PaintBall FtW
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:49 am by SmashY

» Slaughter at zombies!
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 11:44 am by 187

» 0.o wtf is with TS
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:34 pm by *UzS*|CptMiller

» Good bye Guys
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:31 pm by 4$niper

» new TS-server is up!
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:11 pm by *UzS*|CptMiller

» no not there
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 4:15 pm by *UzS*KillerBen

» SirRobin Pics, no...noo...noooooooo!!!!
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:52 am by Fighter

Forum
Top posters
SmashY
Zombie Server Discussion I_vote_lcapZombie Server Discussion I_voting_barZombie Server Discussion I_vote_rcap 
Lady
Zombie Server Discussion I_vote_lcapZombie Server Discussion I_voting_barZombie Server Discussion I_vote_rcap 
*UzS*|CptMiller
SirRobin
*UzS*|YounGDoGG
XPr0d1gyX
4$niper
*UzS*KillerBen
MaDDoGG
Rascal
lets see if it works
Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:36 pm by 187
i had to post it like the others lol...well first of all hi all...where to start...im weird,unfriendly,i talk to myself and make joke to myself cuz we are 187 in my mind,and im nearly 25 so no im not 187 years old >.>
ingame im a real traitor,i like to glitch and i always ask if there's admin on the server and if not i glitch all time,im a real noob and i assume it,peeps like my game style …

Comments: 16

Zombie Server Discussion

Go down 
+2
SirRobin
l4me
6 posters
AuthorMessage
l4me
Admin
l4me

Zombie Server Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:03 am

Hi all.

You may have noticed, the zombiemod have some major issues wich I would like to discuss.
This topic is to compare this modversion (AbneyParks 2.20 BETA) with Mod 002 Alpha (BTD also runs this mod, but crashes alot due their extremly high 42 player limit.)

1. Killing zombies ,or huge groups of Zombies in a certain area gives lagpikes. It also occurs in 002 Alpha. This problem even affects players who have a stable 20-75 ping. These lagpikes are extremely annoying compared to Mod 002 Alpha

002 alpha sure got the lagpikes too, but not as bad as in this mod Very Happy

2. IWD files are corrupted
People get IWD errors for not matching the serversettings, because the music mod contains bugs. Alpha 002 once again has a more stable music mod.

3. Music is too loud, and way too long. 10 secs max length on music + amplify -40 db would be better.

4.Wave settings are extremely high.

For example, the waves settings should be

1. 25
2. 50
3. 75
4. 100
5. 200
6. 400
7. 600
8. 800
9. 1000
10. 3000 /5000 / 10 000

Wich gives \0/x as much zombies in a thrilling 10th wave!

Now, the waves settings are like we already start shooting +1400 zombs in strike in the 6th WAVE!
I haven't played till wave 10 yet, but I've heard it gave 4800 zombies in wave 10

In that way it would be WAY to much zombies to fight. After all, only hardcore people will come to the server to play hours with endless zombies coming their way, and noobs will die too fast to survive any round past the 6th wave. Not great if you want a public server where everyone could play this mod.

Also would like to suggest to go back to 002 Alpha, as it's the most stable version.
You won't get the same crashes again as THB server, because the player limit is much lower (32), resulting in minimal risk of a servercrash.

Hope any of the server admins can learn from this post, and will switch to LINK : >>>002 Alpha<<<

cheers
Back to top Go down
SirRobin
Admin
SirRobin

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:28 am

Hello my dutch friend...

What an amazing post you put laddie! Wow! I for one say you know what you're talking about. But then again, I'm a super noob that loves to get peeps killed, especially Smashy and Hollywood, hehe! I very much agree that some of the settings need further tweaking. Last night, Maddog was watching me ping spikes. It would go to 600 on some occasions, especially in the carlot on strike. That kind of lag gets ya killed fast, lol. Lame, I will discuss this with our founders, as well as your membership. Maddog has tinkered with the notion of 002. I think this post will push him to do it. I agree though with every thing you said. We aim to be a top 10 server! We would like to attract the public to our server. But like you said, making too many zombi come out will kill the noobs. Then the noobs won't come back. They also won't come back if too many lag spikes. Again, terrific post. You need to come on TS so you can further discuss this with Maddog. Thanks m8...

SirRobin
Back to top Go down
SmashY
Admin
SmashY

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:50 am

yup u got a great post there and i agree last night all that was happenening was the lgspikes lol

and u put the wave spawns 1 to 10......should be a little more Razz hehe

but anyway i agree on bringing the 002 mod back as it is a better version
Back to top Go down
Ireland
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 2:18 pm

youve done a great job with the server.. but i have to agree when i was playing with rob and some others on like wave 7 i lagged out and died when i gradually got myself back together and looked and saw i had to wait for lots and lots of zombies lmao
Back to top Go down
Hollywood
Admin
Hollywood

PostSubject: Super Noob   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 4:38 pm

<3 you robin...except when you kill me
Back to top Go down
l4me
Admin
l4me

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:18 pm

If any of you guys want any help in tweaking the server settings, I offer my help.

Anything admins need to know, or want help with (like changing music mod for Alpha002), just yell for it.
I heard on TS today that people are making progress on the next update(Downgrade) of the mod, but couldnt answer cuz of my broken mic Razz

Edit:

I also would like to point out the following :

We started playing mp_Bog with 5/6 ppl.
After the first waves where everyone died, except me, they where forced to see me kill all dozens of zombies while they are spectating me. And those are just the early round, and for just one player it takes a loooooooong time to get to the end of the wave.

Result:

After 5 waves I was playing all alone in the server, some people even came back to see if I was dead yet. Not good if you want people to stay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:31 pm

yes ...thanks lame but ive took care ov that dude ...they have been turned down one more time thanks again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:32 pm

yes ...thanks lame but ive took care ov that dude ...they have been turned down one more time thanks again
Back to top Go down
XPr0d1gyX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 12:02 am

Lol longest post i've seen and robin is that you in pic?
Back to top Go down
Ireland
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:15 am

no prodigy, it is someone called brave brave brave ol' SirRobin from the great monty python film ''the holy grail' Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Server Discussion   Zombie Server Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zombie Server Discussion
Page 1 of 1